Home Inspection FAQ
– How much will my home inspection cost? Home inspections are typically based on overall square footage. Our inspections typically range from $400-$450. Price varies based on add-on services.
– How long will my home inspection take? Our inspections are booked for 3 hours. This ensures a focused and thorough inspection. On average about 2.5 hours depending on conditions and accessible areas i.e. crawlspaces, attics and additional structures. An older home with delayed maintenance versus a newer home built on a concrete slab is a good comparison of expected timeframe variations.
– When should I schedule a home inspection? It is highly recommended you schedule as soon as mutual acceptance is confirmed for buyers. This gives you time to address any findings from the inspection. Sellers should consider a pre-listing inspection to get ahead of repairs and fully disclose issues prior to accepting an offer. Here is a useful link that covers the value of pre-listing inspections for sellers: www.inspectedhouses.com
– Should I be present for my home inspection? We highly recommend buyers attend the inspection and it is best to arrive towards the end. This gives your inspector time to focus and review the home uninterrupted – followed by a final walk through and summary review leaving no surprises for the client. The report will be easier to review once you’ve talked through the items with an experienced professional.
– Why do I need a home inspection? A home inspection is an unbiased documentation of the homes condition. Possibly one of your biggest investments in life and involves the safety of your family. Do not skip this step – a quality home inspection should be a mandatory part of you home buyer journey.